Sunday, February 14, 2010

This is my 1976 Triumph Spitfire



From 2000 to 2004, I drove this 1976 Triumph Spitfire. My dad got it for me for $1000 and it needed a lot of restoration.

I got to drive it around San Diego in my last two years at UCSD. I absolutely loved that car. It was so much fun to drive. I never had a problem parking since it was so small. Being an old fixer-up, it often had problems. One time there was a hole in the gas tank. I learned to fix it using soap shavings. Another time the muffler almost fell off.

The worst was on a rainy night in November of 2003. I was in San Diego working at a Pokemon event. On the way home, the Spitfire stopped working. I was stuck in San Clemente and had to wait for a flatbed tow truck. I ended up waiting until 5am in a Jack in the Box parking lot for a truck to show up.

After I got sick in July of 2004, the car was sold in December of 2004. I miss it dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You read this and want to make a comment? Good for you!