Friday, March 11, 2011

Getting ready for Comic Con 2011

View from my room
N97 | The pool at the San Diego Marriott Marina

The past few days have been pretty nerve racking as preparations for Comic Con 2011 begin. I got my 4 day passes last year. Everyone else had to deal with months of delays before passes could be sold. When passes finally went on sale, Comic Con's website buckled from everyone trying to get passes. Last year it took a few weeks to sell out, this year took hours.

With passes out of the way, a place to stay needed to be found. A few days ago I thought I had a hotel booked, but that got cancelled. Thus I was anxiously awaiting March 9 with everyone else. We were all expecting the Comic Con website to slow to a crawl, but that didn't happen. It seems everyone on twitter had a problem free hotel registration process.

Today around 8am I noticed people were getting their confirmations. I got my confirmation around 10am and I got my first choice, the San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina. This hotel is right next to the convention center which makes getting in and out really easy.

Next up is booking a train and getting RSVPs for after-parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You read this and want to make a comment? Good for you!