Sunday, August 05, 2012

Comic-Con 2012 - Day 5 - Sunday

2012-07-15-0396
808 Pureview | Me and the Aston Martin Volante from The Living Daylights (1987)

Despite getting really sick, Sunday was pretty eventful for me.  I hit the floor and got some Doctor Who merchandise and then posed with a James Bond car.  I headed back to the room to pack up all my stuff and have breakfast.  After checking the room for anything I may have left behind, I went to the lobby and checked out.

2012-07-15-03982012-07-15-0400
808 Pureview | This Rogues Gallery would run gain a random Joker on the way to the exhibit hall

I found a great seat up front while waiting for the DC Nation panel.  I ended up sitting in on some Star Wars video game panel that had a bunch of voice talent.  As the panel seemed to run short, the Q&A led to the voice actors doing a bunch of voices from their other projects.  The DC Nation panel was a great surprise.  Kevin Smith showed up to moderate the panel.  I was most happy to see the Justice League of Animals shorts.  The previews for Teen Titans Go, Green Lantern and Young Justice looked great.  Beware the Batman still looks bad, Alfred still has guns, but it might get good.

2012-07-15-0406
808 Pureview | Kevin Smith moderates the DC Nation panel

After DC Nation, I went to find a gaming room.  I found a bunch of kids trying to start a game of Cthulu Munchkin, but they couldn't decide on their house rules so I ditched them and found some guys playing Super Munchkin.  I came close to winning but I still had fun.

2012-07-15-0410
808 Pureview | Venusaur is also a cooler

One of my Comic-Con traditions is to listen in at the talkback panel to listen to old people complain.  I hit the floor one last time and got to high five with Tony Todd on his way out.  In what is becoming a Comic-Con tradition, I had a nice dinner at Roy's.  One of the Mythbusters was eating at a table next to me.  The train ride home was standing room only, but luckily I had a seat.  I took some Nyquil and had a very good night's sleep.

2012-07-15-0416
808 Pureview | This is only 1/6 of the exhibit hall floor