Friday, July 10, 2015

Comic-Con 2014: Friday

I can't believe it took a whole year to post this.

July 25, 2014

Friday started early. Like 5am early. It's important to have a regular bowel movement every morning. I always use the hotel restroom on the second or third floor so that my roommates don't have to deal with the smell. Going this early usually ensures a freshly cleaned stall that I could enjoy in solitude.

WP_20140725_08_45_32_Pro
Lumia 925: Speedsuits

I headed over to the Hilton Bayfront and got in line for the Indigo Ballroom. The doors opened around 9am and the first panel was at 10am for Uncle Grandpa and Clarence. Then came the Adventure Time panel, I believe was my 4th.

WP_20140725_12_13_31_Pro WP_20140725_14_31_00_Pro
Lumia 925: Ventures | Rick and Marty?

Next up were the Adult Swim panels. There was the Venture Brothers panel of mostly q&a, a strange Triumph and Jack McBrayer panel. I made it through a bit of Rick and Morty before I I had to leave to find food.

WP_20140725_001
Lumia 925: The USS Midway

I missed a cast signing with the Power Rangers. I attempted to get into CraveOnline's party on the USS Midway aircraft carrier. After two hours in line, the event hit capacity. They really overbooked with the RSVPs and turned away hundreds of people. I got dinner from a food truck stationed next to the new Headquarters shopping center. It was nice to see that place in business after being boarded up for so many years.

WP_20140725_23_13_48_Pro
Lumia 925: Tim and Eric

I got back to my hotel room and changed for Tim and Eric's pajama party. It wasn't much of a party than just a viewing and Tim and Eric doing their weird schtick, but it was a fund end to the day.