Sunday, December 20, 2009

Merry Grinchmas

2009/12/19

This morning I went to the 9:45AM screening of Avatar in IMAX 3D. I didn't get there as early as I would have liked and ended sitting up front and missing the first five minutes.

Spoiler free review: The 3D was impressive. I kept thinking of Zerg, not Smurfs as everyone has said. Also Pokemon.

Since I was at Universal, I decided to go to the theme park. I went to the Waterworld show first. I love the stunts. Here's a couple of videos I shot with my N97. The quality turned out pretty good.



Waterworld



I then checked out the Terminator 2: 3D show. I hadn't seen the show in many years. Loved the effects and all the glory devoted to the Governator. Its interesting to see how far James Cameron has come in terms of 3D movies after watching Avatar.

I planned on checking out the Special Effects and Backdraft stages, but since I bought a rum Icee, I couldn't go in. I walked about the lower backlot and got my picture taken with Conan O'Brien. The staff member commented on how cool my N97 was after taking this picture for me.

Me and Conan

It was late in the afternoon so I decided to go find food. On my way out, I stumbled upon the Whoville Christmas tree. It was set up where the old Wild West Stunt show was. They also had snow to play with. Merry Grinchmas

Merry Grinchmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

You read this and want to make a comment? Good for you!