Monday, January 25, 2010

Life is more mobile with the Nokia Booklet 3G

I got a black one!

This is my new Nokia Booklet 3G. The story of how I acquired it is here.

The Booklet 3G came with Windows 7 Starter edition. I plan on upgrading it to Windows 7 Ultimate soon. I bought a 4GB SD card to make a Windows 7 install disk, but that didn't work. Since the Booklet 3G only has 1GB of ram, I'm using the SD card to use for Readyboost. This has helped a lot and sped up the system a bit. I plan on getting an SSD to really speed things up.

Uhoh, euro keyboard

It has a Finnish keyboard. It took me a while to figure this out and configure Windows 7 for this layout. The keys are pleasant to type on, I love chicklet keys. I'm hoping a US style keyboard pops up on ebay soon. The touchpad supports mutlitouch. I haven't picked up the hang of using it.

Superman double feature at the Egyptian

The Booklet 3G is really thin and light. It fits in my bag and I've started taking it with me everywhere. Since my Booklet 3G has a 900/2100 radio, it won't be recognized by AT&T and I can use the $10 Medianet plan instead of the $60 laptop data connect plan. Since Firefox is location aware, the Booklet 3G has become my social media tool of choice. I check in with Gowalla, a site that takes great advantage of the location feature and is easy to use since its designed for mobile browsers.

Last night I checked at the Egyptian Theater to see a double feature Superman and Superman II: The Richard Donner cut. I couldn't get a location while I was inside, so I had to wait until I got outside to check in. After the movie, I saw these guys out front:

Green Lantern and Superman

No comments:

Post a Comment

You read this and want to make a comment? Good for you!