Saturday, January 08, 2011

VOX Archive: Testing out Nokia Sports Tracker

This was originally posted to VOX on May 14, 2008

I could never get Sports Tracker working right on my N95. I'd always run out of ram. Since I'm trialling the black N82, with its 90mb of free ram, I can finally let loose with multitasking.

Yesterday I went on a walk to Radio Shack to buy an adapter. I was able to have the music player running in the background while I turned on the Sports Tracker. Taking pictures wasn't a problem. Each picture I took came out great and neither the music player or Sports Tracker application crashed. There was one problem though. I forgot to charge up the N82 so I ran out of juice halfway on my walk.

When I came home, I plugged the N82 back in and uploaded my workout. I had to search around a bit to figure out how to add pictures to the workout. I found the instructions at Black Phoebe

My workout/photowalk can be found here Edit: updated link

What I'd really like to see is a way to have an embeddable widget I could place here instead of just a link. There are widgets for facebook and blogger and some other sites, but they show only your last workout. I want to be able to share a specific workout.

I tried to upload the the kml file to google maps, but it wouldn't take it. I tried a bunch of methods, but I couldn't get it to work.

Ideally, Sports Tracker and Share on Ovi would be working together with Nokia Maps to get a great united solution. But I think we are a few years away from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You read this and want to make a comment? Good for you!