Monday, July 09, 2012

Unboxing the Nokia 808 Pureview from Amazon.com


N8 | Check out my George Foreman grill

I have been really excited about the Nokia 808 Pureview ever since its announcement. On June 18, Nokia announced it would be sold on Amazon.com for $700. It wasn't too long until Amazon listed their ship date of July 8th.

I pre-ordered mine on July 2 with one day so it would be here in time for Comic Con 2012. On July 6th, I found out Amazon had it in stock and with my Prime membership, I could get Saturday delivery for five bucks more than one day shipping.  I cancelled my order so I could get in on that special.

Saturday delivery almost didn't work. UPS estimated a 12pm delivery. The UPS guy delivered it to the wrong address at 11:42am. I had to call customer service, who told me they would contact the driver but wouldn't be able to deliver until Monday. At this point I am stomping around my living room furious about paying extra for Saturday delivery and getting screwed over. Yes, I got mad over five bucks. Luckily the UPS guy showed up around 12:45.  Excitement and relief took over as I got ready to shoot the video above.