Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Queens of the Stone Age at Jimmy Kimmel Live

2013-07-29-1917
Nokia 808 Pureview | Queens of the Stone Age

I went to see Queens of the Stone Age last Monday at the Jimmy Kimmel Live stage.  Despite being up at the very front, I got a lot of blurry photos. Should have played with the iso or something. 

2013-07-29-1892
Nokia 808 Pureview | The Vampyre of Time and Memory

What was strange about this show is that it wont be airing until tonight, July 31. I know that other shows such as the Late Late Show cut and paste segments from multiple days.  It was strange to me that Jimmy Kimmel Live started doing it.  Must be due to the new time slot.

2013-07-29-1907
Nokia 808 Pureview | I liked how often they switched from guitars to keyboards

The concert started very late.  They said they wanted to wait for daylight to go away.  When I saw Depeche Mode here last April, they were already done by now.   They finished the taping of the show around 7:15.  There was a long wait until the band started to play. QOTSA played song extra songs before the ones that would be recorded for the show.  This was weird, since every show I've seen at JKL has had the TV songs first and extra songs afterwards.


Nokia 808 Pureview | Queens of the Stone Age full set on flickr