Friday, September 17, 2010

VOX Archive: Gorilla Pod

This was originally posted to VOX on December 23, 2007

I recently ordered a gorilla pod from Amazon. Its a lot smaller than I thought it would be. It doesn't seem very stable or secure. But I think I can have a lot of fun using this thing.

12232007
Nokia 6120 Classic | N95 mounted

Due to the lack of a camera mount, I use a universal tripod for my Nokia N95. The one you see here is from my Sunpak Versipod. It worked great with my N90, I could mount it vertically and have no problems. With my N95, I have to mount it horizontally.

The gorilla pod is very adjustable and can attach to just about anything. It makes a great combination with the head of the Versipod and my N95. With the horizontal nature of how they work with each other, this system can be attached to poles and provide a great mounted experience. This set up is a little flimsy though. The N95 carries a lot of weight and can wobble easily if there's enough wind.

With my recent interest in HDR photography, this set up will come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You read this and want to make a comment? Good for you!